Which permission does a user need to be able split cards in Jira Backlog?
Hello @Felipe Guerrero
Thank you for reaching out.
Basically, you need the Create issues and Edit issues permissions to properly Split cards in your backlog. Can you confirm if you are able to see the option with the mentioned permission?
If not, you can check the following steps:
For more information about the card split option, check the documentation below:
Splitting an issue
Let us know if you have any questions.
Hi @Petter Gonçalves ,
Actually, this did not work, I'm the admin and I'm able to split cards, but my Client doesn't; I already gave her permission on these actions (Create and Edit), I also added her to those permissions by using single user, just to make sure Create and Edit are mapped directly on her user, but when I impersonate her in Jira, the split still option does not appear.
Thanks in advance if you have any other workaround on this.
Regards,
Felipe
Can you please ask her to provide a screenshot of the options that appear when she tries to Split issues?
Additionally, ask her to check the steps below:
Let us know your results.
Make sure that you have Cloning enabled on the Status that the issue is currently in. Jira Cloud leverages the Clone function, we have this disabled for a few status to ensure proper data entry and it will throw the same permission error even though its not the permissions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.