I have three issue types in a project. Epic, Story, and Bug. I need to restrict the "QA Group" to only be able to "Create Bug" issue types.
Permission scheme provides access for "QA Group" to see all issue types.
Security scheme and "security level field" in the "Bug screen" has been configured for "QA Group" to be able to only see the "Bug" issue type.
Is it true, "Security scheme" only controls who can see the issue .... and workflow is configured to who can create a "Bug" issue type?
If the above is true, "How can you control who can only seeing "Bug" issue type when creating an issue for a project versus seeing all three issue types in the drop down menu ....Epic, Story, and Bug?
BTW, I am using Jira Cloud. Also, I found almost the same question in Atlassian community "Restricting issue creation of certain Issue Types based on user project role", Date March 20. 2020.
Is the only solution to do this .... A Jira Plugin like ScriptRunner?