I am pulling my hair out. I absolutely hate how bad Atlassian software is. Both Confluence AND Bitbucket are completely filled with UI bugs, and Atlassian NEVER fixes any of them.
My current insanely frustrating Confluence experience (using Chrome MacOS, latest):
1) create a new confluence, write some text
2) add an image to the page: use the modal to "drag and drop" an image from my local machine to the "library"
3) finish inserting the image into the page
4) add another, completely UNIQUE image to a different part of the page, following the steps from step #2 above. Confirm that a NEW image has been added to the "library"
5) finish inserting the second, UNIQUE image in the page
6) go back and review the images, instead of seeing two UNIQUE images, the 2nd image I added is shown TWICE (except it is VERY VERY small in the place where the OTHER image should be)
7) attempt to delete the duplicated image and re-insert the 1st one from the library
8) instead of seeing two UNIQUE images in the doc, the 1st image is now in the doc TWICE
No matter how many times I delete the INCORRECTLY DUPLICATED image (which is very small) and re-insert the CORRECT image, Confluence shows the last inserted image TWICE.