I am trying to update story points for a project via the Admin csv import. Here is a sample of the csv:
issue key,Summary,story pointsDWT-5,,5DWT-1,,10
On the mapping screen the below happens:
Why aren't the fields listed separately for mapping?
@deb
The import/update tool will require a value in the summary field. Can you include it in the CSV and try again? I expect that will fix it.
I will try it, but why is it required? According to the documentation example for "Update existing issues" the summary entry can be empty. Here's the examples given (see row 3)
issue key,summary,votes,labels,labels TT-1,Original summary,1,label1,label2 TT-1,,7,label-1,label-2 TT-1,Changed summary,,, TT-2,Original summary 2,1,label-1,label-2 TT-2,,<<!clear!>>,<<!clear!>>,
Adding Summary value did not help:
I can't honestly say. I don't have any first-hand experience with this exact use case where you're updating fields for some records but not all and to get around the Summary requirement issue on most imports I just always include it.
Hope including the summary values fixes it
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.