Hi there, I've searched the existing posts and honestly find all of them too complicated... I'm at a point where I want someone from Atlassian to just do a video call / screen share with me / my administrator to get this done....
I have an existing product, with existing projects, now years down the line I need to add a new project, with new external contractors to this new project, but I don't want them to be able to view any other projects.
From what I've read the only way to do this is to go to each of my existing projects and create a new permission group for my existing business users - then assign that to each of my existing projects, - remove the browse / view projects permission from the default users group - and then add the new external users ???
To add to the above - I created a group and restricted access - added the members to the group and the group to a project I added my private user as a test user and when I logged in I was still able to see ALL other projects.
This is an insane level of effort... Am I mis understanding this?
Why can't there be a way to create a NEW group - that by default has restricted access and add members to that group and that group to a new project. Does this not make more sense?
Please help! I'm running out of time to get this done, and if it's too much effort, my Jira Admin won't want to even try.... as we are all short on time.