Hi
For training purposes, is there some place where I can find the timezone of the JIRA Server?Please note:
- I don't mean the default timezone per user
- I mean via the UI, not via some code.
Thanks
Niko
Hello @Nicolas Blexmann
Thank you for reaching out.
Indeed, Jira has a default timezone setting, however, the only purpose of this setting is to set the timezone of all new users created in your Jira Cloud.
Better explaining, this default timezone is applied to all users in your Jira site, however, once they manually set its timezone under their profiles, the default timezone of the site is not respected anymore, so the timezone will be based on the one selected in the profile settings of each user.
To edit the default timezone of your site, you must be logged as a site-admin and do the following steps:
Let us know if you have any questions.
Hello Petter
Thanks for the answer, unfortunately, this is not what I look for.
As already explained, I know the default timezone setting, but what I look for, is the JIRA Server timezone, which is not a setting that anyone can change. And I am not interested in changing it, only to know how I can retrieve this information (Probably with admin rights).
Nicolas
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what is the setting you are asking for.
Checking the tags you added in this question, you are using the Jira Cloud application, which is hosted in Atlassian Servers around the world. Are you asking for the location of the server where your specific site is located?
I'm afraid this information can not be provided since Atlassian uses load balancers to support Jira sites, however, I would like to ask why you are looking for this information.
If it is a different setting, can you give more details of what/where we might find this information?
Hi Petter,We load tickets in an external system, that will compare dates to load only tickets after a specific time (New tickets since the last time).
To do so, we get the current time of the ticket and convert it based on the timezone of the JIRA server.
So, what I am interested in is, the timezone JIRA uses, to store dates of tickets.
I am at UTC+1, if I send a ticket with time 10:00, how do I know with which time it will be set in JIRA DB?
I hope I made it clear.
I had a similar need as Apr 20, 2020 comment, so posting what helped me. Disclaimer: I am not a JIRA admin nor is our instance on Cloud but commenting since the above seemed unfulfilled and maybe it'll help someone else.
* I went to my personal profile and edited Preferences. I noticed language had markup "[Default]" so I checked the "city" time zone dropdown to see if there was one listed there as default. There wasn't, however, I subsequently noticed in the "country" dropdown there was "Jira default". Selecting this auto populates the "city" with a time zone which is what I wanted and what I used to guide a time below.* Like the comment (I believe, I'm doing the same thing I think but we may be doing it differently), I was setting up an email subscription to a filter "daily" and trying to figure out what time to set it to. Doing this in "Manage Filters" if you are subscribed and you click "1 subscription" it gives you a list of subscribers to manage. On that list it says "Next send" which you can use to reverse extrapolate the time. At first I thought this was redundant with the first bullet, however, it allowed me to see Daylight Savings applied one place and not the other. More importantly it tells you when the subscription would send the mail which is really what I wanted to know (so I could test as well as set the right time).
Hope that helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.