I currently import data from a JIRA board/filter to Excel using the power query with basic credentials type and then username/api key for the log in. This topic is covered extensively in link below. I find once the data is in excel it can be manipulated very easily and the dashboards that can be produced are very useful. I then have a refresh button that repeats the power query import and updates the dashboards (is this considered a rest API)?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Fetch-data-from-JIRA-to-excel/qaq-p/198786
My issue is that only i can refresh the dashboard due to the basic credentials setup and would like to have it set up in a way that anyone in the company can open the file and refresh the data. I have added the username and password to the URL on other ticketing programs - redmine etc, however i believe the os_username&os_password has been disabled from jira.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-cloud-os_username-and-os_password-embedded-in-url-no-longer-available-868988403.html
Is there a workaround? This has been bugging me for a while, any help is greatly appreciated.
Since you're using Jira Cloud, you'll have to switch to using a token for the authentication, not basic authentication with username / password.
Still, each user will need to generate their own token for their account and use it to make the query.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.