I created a next-gen project and I'd like to duplicate it to delete certain pieces. How can I duplicate it?
I don't think you can at this time. I know on the Whats New in Next Gen they have Copy Next Gen Project Config and Workflow coming in 2020.
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen
Hi Raf - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
As Maili says, you can't at this time. The concept of Next-gen is that each is an independent project so copying one to create another one would automatically have shared components behind it, which is not allowed. You can follow the roadmap in Maili's link.
But for now, you will manually have to create each project separately.
Thanks so much, Maili, sorry to hear that. I'd thought that perhaps using export and import would be a workaround.
Thanks, John,
Would an export follow by an import serve as a workaround?
Raf
No, I don't see where that would buy you anything. Next-gen cannot share any of the schemes so I don't know what you would be trying to accomplish with the import.
Why does creating a new project from scratch not work for you?
And if it is a big enough issue, then you should use a Classic project instead of a Next-gen project because then you can "copy" a project (really just creating a new project based on an existing project).
Thanks much for your response.
I am new at JIRA and I chose the nextgen because it provided a Roadmap that I needed for this particular project. The classic does not provide that.
Due to the nature of the project, I put time customizing the tasks to include previous work I had done, I extended them to create additional attributes. I am contemplating the possibility of splitting the project since there is the potential that it might become bigger on its scope.; the reason why I thought of making a copy.
I can always create a new project but I was trying to reuse the customization I did to the tasks, however, due to reality I might need to end up doing that.
I appreciate your followup!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.