I am searching for a way/custom field that will allow free text typing, but will suggest options based on existing values in other tickets (once the user starts typing) - like the label field does.
Use case:
Group issues (stories, sub-tasks, bugs) from across multiple epics to an existing 'category'/theme/key result.
NB: It seems the 'theme' field is only available for portfolio users(?) and only at the epic level? Assuming this is correct, I am essentially trying to recreate this functionality for all issue types.
An example of what the category names could look like is:
'Category 1: Everything relating to widget 1',
'Category 2: Everything relating to widget 2',
etc
There will be ~ 15 fixed categories at any given time, that will change every quarter.
Problem
I had tried to use a custom free text field, but it did not display existing options when a user started typing (like the label field does). Is there a way to configure it to do this, or another field I could use to achieve the above?
A label would normally be fine, but as these fields will be shown in reports (and have quite long input values) I'd ideally like them to be a little more human readable.
I would also prefer not to use the 'single select drop down' as new options will be added semi regularly/not necessarily by admin users.
Any help or suggestions appreciated!
Bonus points if there is a way to link these categories to a release. So you get notified /warned (or stopped) when trying to link an issue to a category from a closed release.