I am a JIRA Cloud user with system / administrator access.
A new project was created in JIRA, with only one Task currently.
All the relevant issue types (Epic, Story, Bug, Task and Sub-Task) have been enabled for this project.
The Start Date and Due date fields have been added as default issue fields.
I want to import additional issues into this project, so I did the following:
* Created a .csv file with the following headings (each of which is populated with a value):
-Summary
-Issue Type
-Status
-Priority
-Assignee
-Custom field (Start date)
-Due date
* Imported the .csv file using the import mechanism (Settings – System – External System Import - CSV)
* I am not using an existing configuration file, so I didn’t select this option when importing.
* I specified the date format as per the format in the .csv file, i.e. yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm
* I mapped the csv fields to the corresponding JIRA fields, and they were all an exact match (apart from the “Custom field (Start date)” in thecsv file, which is mapped to the “Start date” field in JIRA).
Result:
The import ran successfully without any error notifications. However I am experiencing 2 issues:
* The Issues keep uploading as the type “Story” (even though I have defined them as Epic or Task in the Issue Type column on the csv. file).
* The Start Date is not uploading - even though I have mapped the formula correctly prior to importing (yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm), and even tried changing the csv file column header from
I have done multiple attempts and followed various posts in your forum. There’s quite a lot of information around importing but I have been unable to find something to resolve my specific problem.