Hello,
I would like to add new watchers in my Jiras.
Could you tell me how can I do that.
Thanks for your help.
Nehama
If you click the number next to "Watch" or "Watching" (differs depending on whether or not you are a watcher yourself yet), you will see a little box appear with the current watchers of the issue. When you have the proper permissions, this will also include a text field in which you can add users in order to make them wathcer of the issue.
can you check the permissions if you're allowed to "Manage Watchers"
I'm not sure I have the permission to 'manage watchers".
When I go to More Action Watchers I can't do anything except cancel my name
I'm sorry i'm quite hopeless with the Jiras but I don't find this way
are you the project admin?
So I obviously can't. Is it possible to have the access?
In order to see if you have the propper permissions, do the following.From the top bar of your instance, select the relevant project you want to check the permissions, or search it up from there., Once you accessed the project, tap "g+g" to open the administration search window, and search for "Permissions". This will display the project permissions to you. Now, search for "Manage watchers" and look which users/project roles have this permission. If it displays project roles only, tap "g+g" again and search for "Roles" . You will get 2 options, "User Management" and "JIRA". Choose for JIRA, and check in the next screen to which project role your account has been assigned.
If you are not an administrator on the instance itself, or an admin to the project, please have some one with these rights check this for you.
How can I close my demand if it's resolved?
Thanks for your help
no need to close. simply accept the answers that helped you solving your issue
sorry i was thinking that if i accept any answer it was good.
Finally as you told to me, I've asked the project manager to add the authorization. So which answer I have to accept?
ok in that case my answer that said
"can you check the permissions if you're allowed to "Manage Watchers"
but still Micks answers is correct too....because it answers your "how to add watcher" question. depending on the missing background info that came up during discussing so i suggest to accept his answer as well
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.