I want the default issue type to be a "Task" in my new next-gen project.
I was able to do this in my first next-gen board last year, but I recall it was hacky (possibly related to deleting and recreating all issue types: Epic, Story, Bug, Task) in a specific order, but I think I forgot how to properly do this.
I see here in this Jira article that you can auto-default your issue type to Task if you set it up initially as a Kanban board. However, I set my new board up to be a Scrum board to get sprints (like I have with my first next-gen board) and already spent some time configuring it, so I hope I don't have to delete and redo it all.
Can you please let me know how to set the issue type to "Task" for an existing next-gen Scrum board?
Thank you!