Hi All,
I have several Next-Gen projects built and populated with issues.
I am trying to figure out how to make a Kanban board that allows issues from all of my projects. After much research in the forums, I ended up creating a Classic Kanban project and put my board in there (I really wish we could have global boards rather than requiring them to be attached to a specific project, but I digress...).
In the Board Settings, I created a filter that selects from several projects. I also activated the Kanban Backlog. I have 30 tickets whose status is "Backlog" that SHOULD show up (I see the numbers in the column editor for the board), but when I go to the Backlog nothing is there (well, 1 issues is there, but I cannot figure out why).
First off, is this the best way to do this? I have used project-spanning boards many times before, but I have never set one up...
Second, why is this not working? I spent the better part of yesterday trying to sort this whole mess out, and now I just need to get on with my life.
Any help GREATLY appreciated!
Chris
ADDITIONAL NOTE:
I found I was able to do this with a Classic Scrum board, which leads me to believe that, somehow, the filters used by the Kanban board are not applying to the Kanban Backlog. Not 100% sure that is the case, but it appears that way.
When doing this in Scrum, everything works as expected. I set the board filters to include all projects, and the Backlog shows everything. From there I can add issues from any project to my sprint.
My problem is, I don't necessarily want to work with sprint, and the over head of maintaining them, rolling issues over into the next sprint, etc. is not something my team needs to engage in...