This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: Webhooks
Greetings,
We have implemented an integration between ServiceNow and our JIRA instance, and part of the integration involves listening to JIRA via the webhook to see when issues are updated or created.
I have noticed that for some odd reason, sometimes the issue_created just simply never gets caught when an issue is created. It is intermittent in nature, and I personally have not been able to replicate, but I have had enough people come to me with examples I can see where it clearly just never got fired according to logs that it seems to be a growing issue.
What can I do to investigate this issue further? The code is pretty simple, I'm really just looking for when issue_created is fired and creating a log entry when that occurs, before executing any other portion of the code. I simply just don't see a log entry at all for a create attempt for the cases where they aren't getting caught. Is there anything else I can check for? Any known conditions that would cause a issue_created event not to fire when a JIRA issue is submitted manually?
Best regards,
Brian