Is there a way to generate a link that someone can click on that would send them direct to an attachment in an issue instead of having to go to the issue and then click on the attachment to view it? I have issues with PDFs attached and I'd like to be able to send links to the PDFs direct.
Hi @Dennis_H
I believe you can go to the issue, right-click to copy the link, and send that to people. Have you tried that?
Best regards,
Bill
I did in Firefox and Chrome. it doesn't give me the copy link option.
Hi Dennish,
Very curious... I just tried it again in Chrome (81.0.4044.92), creating a new story with a PDF attachment, and I was able to successfully copy the link. When I opened the link in another browser tab, it downloaded the document and then I opened it successfully.
When you right-click on the attachment, what are you seeing?
Back, forward, save as, print, cast, translate to English, view page source and inspect
This doesn't work in Jira Cloud and the new issue view.
You can see the direct link in the REST API, or you can use a tool like this (Chrome plugin).
Thanks comrade for the hint on the workaround via Chrome plugin.Being a 20y server license user and system administrator is just yet another story that the move to cloud was and is a painful migration path as numerous useful functions and macros vanished. But at least they work on AI ...
This topic has been locked because the thread has become a bit dated. If you’d like to keep the conversation going or have additional questions, we encourage you to start a new topic. You can read more about necro posting (“raising threads from the dead”) in our Community Guidelines .
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.