As a program manager supporting a Fortune 20 customer, I create status reports & send them to the customer in PDF form. In trying to use the "new editor" I discovered that upon export, all of the colors (font, cell color, etc) in the page are removed. Additionally, all of my "status" macros completely disappear. These are only the issues I've discovered so far, and they render the "new editor" unusable for me. The "old" editor has its share of issues, but works well enough to get by, so I'm not going further with the new editor.
I use the "full page width" mode if that matters. Neither I nor my customer works primarily from a smartphone, so the default narrow mode doesn't make sense for this use case.
As it seems we'll need to migrate to the new editor at some point, are there any reasonable known workarounds for these issues? I don't consider reverting to monochrome reports without status indicators to be reasonable workarounds. My immediate workaround (to avoid getting trapped if the old editor stops working) is to migrate to Smartsheet.