I'm just starting to try and use JIRA's sprint features, and something happened that makes me think i'm doing something not-the-JIRA-way, not-the-Scrum-way, or both.
I created a sprint, and assigned various stories to it for my team. We worked on them, and they progressively got their status updated to a step in our Workflow called "Ready For QA."
The sprint ended, and I Closed the sprint. Then we started our next sprint.
During the 2nd sprint, the QA looked at the task and re-opened it. But that task seems to have its Sprint field cleared (because I closed that Sprint, I think), and now the issue is sunk down deep into the Backlog.
----
What's the best-practice for others? Some ideas I've thought about, but no idea what is 'best':
- Start Sprint 2 on-time, but don't close Sprint 1 until all issues have been verified by QA and have their resolution set to Done, etc.?
- Close Sprint 1 at the end of Sprint 1; If QA finds a problem, they should not transition that same issue back to To Do; they should create a new issue?
- Maybe the problem I'm experiencing is due to our custom Workflow step called "Ready for QA"?
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has to offer.
--LEO