I have the Automation for JIRA downloaded on our server. I am trying to get it set up to where a summary field is created automatically to ensure that the field is consistent across all issues.
Here is the link I found that I cannot figure out how to use.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-update-the-Summary-field-by-appending-text-using/qaq-p/929877
I would like the summary to update with the following fields in the format as shown:
{{Program Name}} &" "& {{Lot Number}} & " (" & {{Work Authority}} & ")"
I know the language is incorrect on that coding. I am very new to JIRA and am trying to figure it all out.
Hello Preston,
Are the "Program Name" field, "Lot Number", ect custom fields being filled out?
If so, do the following
{{issue.program name}} {{issue.Lot Number}} ({{issue.work Authority}})
This should get you what you want!Thanks,
Kian
Hello Kian. Yes they are custom fields. I took out lot number for the immediate time being, but below are screen shots of what I am seeing.
Preston,This is because you need to have a summary when you submit the ticket. If you are setting it via an automation rule, it doesn't matter what you put, the automation rule will override it with the value you've specified.
If you want the value populated WHILE you are filling out the form, automation for Jira cannot do that. Instead, you'd have to look at something like behaviors which come with the Scriptrunner plugin. That requires actual groovy scripting, so it's a bit more complex.
Thanks,
Awesome. I did just try it and it works. I would like it to populate as I go, but I think Script Runner costs if I remember right.
@Kian Stack Mumo Systems
I was using the below and it was working, but a few weeks ago this code stopped working. to the best of my abilities, this should still be working. Can you help?
{{issue.program name}} {{issue.Manufacturing Number}} ({{issue.work Authority}})
The names haven't changed but it is responding with the Manufacturing Number being null (even though there is data).
Hey Preston,Can you show us a screenshot of the results of your code, along with the configurations of the automation rule? Is it just Manufacturing Number that isn't working?Thanks,Kian
Preston,
According to this, your automation rule isn't running since it doesn't match the conditions you've set out. IE - Lot Number is not Empty. It won't perform the automation you have.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.