Hi,
I wan to to edit (add/update)the top menu bar in confluence cloud version.
I am unable to find the options to change the same.
Any help would be appreciated.
There is no way to edit the bar, it's not configurable by users.
Some apps can add functions to the bar if they need to be in it, but that's the only changeable part of the menus.
Could you maybe explain what you are trying to do and why? Why would you need to edit the menus?
I am pondering the same question. I'd like to have a simple knowledge-base confluence instance accompanying the jira service desk in the cloud. As such, I don't want external (anonymous) users to have the option of selecting a Space, or creating Pages, or seeing the page history, and so on.
In effect, I'd like the setup to look like Atlassian's own support page for Confluence (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/). Is that possible and, if so, how?
Service desk customers won't get those options, a knowledgebase only gives them access to read the articles you've defined as helping for the portal they have come in from.
I agree with what you write with respect to the ServiceDesk. There is a caveat though: in order to link the knowledge base space into ServiceDesk, the Confluence space must allow anonymous access. Hence, given that both are in Atlassian cloud, anyone can navigate to Confluence directly and then see it's interface directly, including page history access, comments and so on.
no way to change the top menu bar? this is another reason why i am more and more convinced that confluence is just a big piece of pathetic and expensive bloatware. we pay >3000 EUR per month and will turn back to SharePoint.
Ahh, Sharepoint, the place where documents go to retire, unread.
It is the same question though - why do you want to change the top bar? What's missing or in there that shouldn't be in your opinion?
I would like to put custom links to the top bar. For beginners to visit two spaces, because they will use them a lot at the beginning.
That's the wrong way to approach "user not knowing what they are doing". The explanation you want to give them is content, not links jammed into navigation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.