I've googled, and dug into figure out how to move past the Map fields section of a CSV, but I cannot understand how to resolve this note. First time Jira user as well. Migrating from Airtable.
Hi @Lowell Thompson,
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
When you do an import, on one of the screens you have a list of fields from your csv file that needs to be mapped against fields in Jira. Summary is a required field so you must map that against one of fields that you are importing.
Any chance you would be open to screen capturing what you mean? I can't picture what you mean.
On this page, I made everything and it still doesn't let me click over.
I figured it out! Thank you.
You literally have to make one of the drop down options summary. I thought it was more complicated than that!
but you still can not see next here
same issue here team
I have the same issue "A JIRA Summary field mapping" when I try to migrate a project from Asana.
All fields are mapping correctly but I can't click on the "next" button. Any suggestion?
It took me a while to work out what it means, and it turned out to be very simple! Scroll down to the CSV field 'summary' and then select 'summary' from the drop down menu (Jira field). It's the only box that has to be done, and this makes the 'next' button appear. You can either go to next or fill out the rest of the fields.
I have the same problem, I do have a field for summary in my csv but cant choose to map it to a Jira field named Summary. Very annoying!
same here. this happens when I am using the External System Import , not the import Issue from CSV (which has other issues)
i am experiencing the same despite choosing the summary in the drop down options it wont allow me to proceed to next page.
Figured it out, it should be in the csv file, the summary column must be filled out before importing
This problem occurs due to uploading an .xlsx file instead of .csv file. Issue is resolved once the file format is corrected to .csv
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.