Hi,
To give you some background, we have recently started using JIRA and have now built up quite a large list of projects and associative issues.
We regularly have roadmap meetings where we list down the epics and stories within an Excel spreadsheet.
Now, instead of manually entering these issues into JIRA which I'm finding is quite time consuming, I have noticed there is a CSV importer. However, Im hesitant to use this as there is a list of backup prerequisites, and a notice saying it will remove all previous JIRA data within the instance.
Is it possible to import a batch of issues to an existing project (or even create a new project) without affecting the current list of issues or the entire JIRA instance?
I have read in some places that the import wont affect any previous issues with the On-Demand version, but other threads say it will.
Can you clarify what the correct procedure will be for appending a batch of issues and if a backup/re-import will be required as entering content manually afterwards can be quite time consuming.
Many thanks