How do I change my public name?
Hi @Eunice Hudson - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Click on your avatar and select profile. Then select Manage profile.
Hi, John:
I'm having the same issue. For privacy and security reasons I don't want my full name being displayed, but I cannot change it. I do not see the Manage Profile option. I have Manage Settings and View Profile, neither of which allows me to change my public name.
Please tell me how I can modify my public name.
Thanks.
Click on View Profile
Then click on Manage Account.
Thanks for the reply. However, there is no Manage Account option.
Here is the path available: View profile > edit profile > Atlassian Account info > manage settings > edit in Atlassian account > profile and visibility. Then, in that section, my public name is not editable.
What am I doing wrong here?
The fields actually are editable even though atlassian choose what appears to be a read only form control. I think double click allows editing, and I think it saves automatically when you click off and maybe takes 24 hours to take effect even though they don't tell you this. Maybe there are user restrictions for your account if your in a Corp... but this interface is getting a little rediculous, confusing.
Oddly this is still an issue, and even when you have the display set correctly through the managed account section, it doesn't reflect public name - so that can apparently never be changed - which means many people won't end up posting
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.