I need to update a People custom field via Automation for Jira. Specifically, I want my custom field ("Work It" or "customfield_10150") to be set to a specific user, "service.center".
service.center is defined as:
{
}
Unfortunately, the Automation for Jira's Edit Issue action does not find my custom field, "Work It", in its dropdown. Therefore, I need to leverage the Additional fields textbox (i.e., JSON). In that textbox I've added:
{ "fields": { "Work It" : { "id":"5e7a27d154fa650c3bc1b488" } }}
When I run this automation I get the following error:
Note: I have validated that "Work It" is indeed "customfield_10150"
What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
@pbrdebruijn, this error is typically because the JSON is not correct when running the rule.
For fields that take an array of single field object:
{ "fields": { "Multi User Customfield": {{issue.parent.Multi User Customfield.accountId.asJsonObjectArray("id")}} }, }
This webiste has some examples of how to use the JSON functions to ensure your values are compiled correctly: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-field-editing-json/
This is where the function details are: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-json-functions/
Thanks for the response. I was able to solve this need leveraging the array syntax even though this user field is single user constrained. The working JSON is:
{ "fields": { "Work It" : [ { "accountId":"5e7a27d154fac50c3bc1b488" } ] } }
That is odd that it works; I have a similar issue with single entry people picker but I am assigning the value (what Paul has as "5e7a..." from a text field (custom):
{ "fields" : { "Work It" : [{"Username" : "{{issue.customfield_123456.value}}" }] }}
And this gets (if [ ] are surrounding): "data was not an object (Work It))"
If I remove the [ ] it gets success but does not update Work it.
I am facing same issue @Marc Isikoff
Did you manage to make it work?
Thanks!
The following syntax worked for me so I could append a value from 1 custom field to a different, multi select custom field:
{ "update": { "Custom Field 1": [{ "add": { "value": "{{issue.Custom Field 2}}" }
}] }}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.