This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Watching and Voting on an Issue
Ask your question here...
You cannot vote an issue if its in Resolved or Closed State.
image2016-3-29 18:5:37.png
Regards
Chander
JIRA started life as a public-facing Bug tracker, bug reports imply one vote. Additional votes allowed for further weighting.
Watchers is a really simple field in reality – It is a multi-user select field at heart. The view on the issue is the quantity of voters + a vote button not protected by edit permissions. It's view in the navigator is the count only.
Tl;dr That's just the way that JIRA works.
Well I guess its just have to do with basic sense of things.
Obviously you do think the issue is important so that's why you asked about it, if other people think it's important, similarly they can vote on it.
If you'd be allowed to vote on your issues, it'd be like "self liking your pictures on facebook"
If we could +1 individual lines, I'd hit that for "like self liking your own pictures on facebook"That's exactly it, I had this conversation a few times in the past, and it really is "if you reported it then we can assume that you want something done, and have hence voted for it"
some people use the Vote for other things and report (we can use it in JQL) ... and strange you cannot vote for your issue, why such limitation ?
Again - if you reported it then we can assume that you want something done, and have hence voted for it
I don't think Jira should make assumptions on functionality. They should listen to the users. They have taken a slick capability and limited it based on an assumption that if you report it then you obviously like the idea. Not true! Perhaps you imported a bunch of nonsense for other folks and would like to be part of the voting exercise. Well YOU CAN'T be because Jira made an assumption that you love everything you enter. For example, our leaders gathered in Atlanta and came away with a lot of items they would like to either start or stop doing. I imported all of the information and now we want to vote to prioritize the list. Guess who doesn't get to vote... this girl! Hum...
Atlassian is becoming more and more slower and too big to be able to stay agile like they used to... sad isn’ It?
we have been waiting for this since many years now.
may be good to start looking for another tool ?
Agree. Voting is useless to us as way to triage backlog because of this. Provide per-project option to allow. Simple. Make people happy. Move on.
I vote that the reporter be able to vote
So how do I remove my implied vote if I discover that I don't want to have the issue done anyway?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.