I have done a bunch of research and googling and cannot find any "How to" on deploying Jira Data Center in OpenShift or OpenStack. Does anyone know how to do this? Please help
Hello @zachary_m_toelkes
I'm looking for quite the same thing: Helm/Helmfile Charts for deploying Jira and Confluence into our Openshift/Kubernetes/OpenStack cluster.
I found some info on the Atlassian support:
Please, let me know me if you've got more info, or contradictory info.
Regards,Fred
Sounds good! I will, I will be digging into this pretty hard today so I will make sure to keep you updated.
Maybe a few interesting information when typing "openshift" in the search bar :
Unfortunately, a lot of these questions have no answer. :-(
Keep in touch!Regards
Hi all!
Do you have any update about this? I'm trying to deploy and run Jira in Openshift with no results.
The unique useful information about this topic in whole Internet is this answer in StackOverflow but, sadly, It doesn't work for me:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59555279/how-to-install-jira-server-on-open-shift-docker-image
Thank you in advance!
@Alberto Aragón OpenShift isn't officially supported but it is possible to deploy. Can you please share info on what exactly fails when you deploy to OpenShift?
Hi @Yevhen !
First, thank you so much for your interest.
I applied the solution proposed in the StackOverflow post to make the image compatible to run as an arbitrary uid (I modified both, Dockerfile and entrypoint._helpers.py files).
First time the pod is launched I can configure the admin user, the database, etc... but when the instance is Initializating the plugin system it suddenly reboot.
After that, the pod enter in a infinite loop of reboots at this point.
One trace I capture is this:
INFO:root:Generating /etc/container_id from template container_id.j2WARNING:root:Could not chown path /etc/container_id to jira:jira due to insufficient permissions.WARNING:root:Could not chmod path /etc/container_id to 420 due to insufficient permissions.INFO:root:Generating /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml from template server.xml.j2WARNING:root:Could not chown path /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml to root:root due to insufficient permissions.WARNING:root:Could not chmod path /opt/atlassian/jira/conf/server.xml to 420 due to insufficient permissions.INFO:root:Generating /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml from template seraph-config.xml.j2WARNING:root:Could not chown path /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml to root:root due to insufficient permissions.WARNING:root:Could not chmod path /opt/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/seraph-config.xml to 420 due to insufficient permissions.INFO:root:/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/dbconfig.xml exists; skipping.INFO:root:Running Jira with command '/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/start-jira.sh', arguments ['/opt/atlassian/jira/bin/start-jira.sh', '-fg']executing as current user
How can we modify the Dockerfile to make the image compatible with Openshift 4?
Thank you in advance. Regards.
@Alberto Aragón is allowing anyiud for the service account an option for you? I mean leat the container run as 2001 user (or whatever user is defined in the Dockerfile)?
You may also make /opt/atlassian/jira writable for root group in your custom Dockerfile.
The chunks of log you have shared are warnings and not critical errors. Nothing interesting in the log when you see this infinite loop?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.