Hey folks,
I wanted to start automation in my next-gen project. I want to create a rule which will send out the email to the business tester that the task is transitioned to the business testing column. I have gone through everything but I stumble upon the issue.
- I have a custom made field "Business Tester" in issues.
- It can be assigned to a person.
I have tried to find the smart value for that field. I used the JIRA REST API to find out the custom filed smart value.
The field name is customfield_10055 and it has also attribute emailAddress, which is taken from the assignee. So, basically in JSON, I see that in emailAddress there is my address, as long as I am the business tester. but when I use the smart value in the rule it returns nothing, it's empty.
Smart Value: {{issue.fields.customfield_10055.emailAddress}} this is how defined it. can you please tell me if I am doing something wrong? or do I need to use another way around?