next-gen projects
Within the backlog I cannot do a drag and drop of the issues. It shows that I am moving the task in the backlog but once I drop it the task goes back to its original position. I have looked into Permissions Scheme -> Issue permissions and 'any logged in user' has access to all listed permissions.Looking through the html code and found that there is a option for 'draggable' however draggable="false".
Same here. Not working on NextGen. Able only to do "Top of backlog" or "Bottom of backlog" from context menu of the issue.
In addition I'm also unable to insert/remove issues to/from a sprint via mouse dragging.
Hi Jackie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Take a look at what I just posted here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Can-t-move-my-stories-up-or-down-in-the-backlog-anymore/qaq-p/1328443?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_question&utm_content=topic#U1328469
Maybe that will help. But now I am suspicious that two posts come in on the same thing within a few minutes of each other. I do not have the problem with my board, but what kind of project is it?
Hello,
Please check the Board Filter. It should have "Order by Rank ASC" in the end.
Further the "schedule issue" and the "edit issue" permission are necessary.
Cheers, Ireen
Hi John - thank you for your prompt reply!
We are using next-gen project. Similar to what Eric mentioned in his post, I am able to move to top and move to bottom of backlog, but can't drag items.
I also went through Permissions -> Schedule Issue and Application access : Any logged in user". Also, there are no filters being used.
I am not having that trouble, even within a next gen project. I will post something with Atlassian for some feedback.
Thank you!
Aren't Board Filters unavailable for next-gen projects?
yep
Hello, I'm facing the very same problem recently (cca two days). It works with no problem in "old" projects but it doesn't work in Next Gen.
BR,
P.
Hi all,
Sorry to hear about this problem. We are tracking a very similar ranking bug in next-gen projects over in JSWCLOUD-17654. But I am not 100% this is exactly the same bug, just because no one here has reported seeing that same error, but the behavior is effectively the same.
If you are a site-admin on a Cloud site where this is happening, please create a technical support request with our Cloud team about this. Be sure to include the account names/emails that have this problem as well as the project and board where this happens. You can do this by going to
If you are not a site-admin, you won't be able to create this kind of support case. What I would like to do is ask that you contain one of your Atlassian Cloud site-admins and ask them to create a support request about this on your behalf.
I tried to recreate this problem in my own Cloud site, but so far everything has been ranking correctly for me, even in a restricted next-gen project where my account was not an admin. Ultimately, I want to see that our Cloud support team has support cases about this problem as this can give support access to the Cloud environments seeing this problem.
Regards,
Andy
Same here, only next gen projects are affected and this behavior was noticed only yesterday. The backlog was working juste fine the days before.
Hi Amir - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Have you entered a support ticket with Atlassian as Andy suggests above? Nothing will happen here - you need to have support look at it.
will do thanks.
Same issue, created support ticket #JST-561184.
I have been an early adopter of NextGen, and this gives me pause to think if we should switch back.
It seems that dragging / re-ordering still works in the iPhone and iPad Jira apps.
Here is the bug that development is tracking.
Please mark if it effects your organization.
JSWCLOUD-18833 - Unable to reorder or associate an issue to a sprint from the backlog Next-gen
Seems that problem is solved. Nice :-)
JSWCLOUD-18833 - Unable to reorder or associate an issue to a sprint from the backlog Next-gen has been closed and reorder seems to work fine.
I am unable to drag and drop stories, however you can go to a menu on side of the story to move to the top and bottom of the pile of stories.
Thomas, I have just figured out the solution of dragging and dropping. It works at Board level, if you highlight the Epic, then you are able to drag and drop. If you open epic at story level, that option disappears.
Thanks a lot!!!! It worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.