Previously I had my Jira on 1 Virtual machine.
I use this machine for automated testing purpose.
I want the same configurations and pregenerated data in another machine.
I cannot take the cost of doing these steps: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Migrate-a-project-including-custom-fields-and-screens-to-another/qaq-p/159607
I have 2 licenses for Jira Softwares.
Can I clone the virtual machine(in which Jira existed) and then use both the machines?
The Jira ServerIds will be the same but both of them will have their own license.
Is there any cons of having such a practice?
Hi @Nimish Nalan ,
it is possible to just clone the VM. As long as you have 2 commercial licenses, you'll be fine. You will also need to have a separate database for your second Jira instance, as both Jira can't use the same database (you can just copy it if you want).
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
Thanks
You're welcome ! Don't hesite to mark this thread as "Accepted Answer" so that other users can also find this solution later
Thanks !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.