Hi all,
I know this has been asked a fair few times and I feel like I've gone through most of the posts on the community but I'm still having issues applying filtering to my backlog.
For context, my team migrated from Trello to Jira Software. One feature that we did utilise in Trello was the ability to archive cards. I'm aware there is no way to 'archive' a card in Jira. My initial workaround was to add these cards to a sprint and complete the sprint in order to remove them from the backlog. This ultimately impacts my reporting and is a annoying workaround.
We do want to have a record of issues on Jira that we are not considering at this point in time or, issues that we have considered but decided against in our planning/scoping process.
I tried to create a label called 'not-going-to-do' and applied this to the tasks that I want to filter from the board. Though when creating the filters via JQL I cannot for the life of me get this to work:
project = UPG and issue != "not-going-to-do"
When filtering this way, the issue with the applied label is still appearing in the list.
Am I missing something here? I like Jira but not having the ability to archive or hide issues easily is really turning me off the platform altogether.