Is there a way to edit the number of Issue Labels in Jira Software? I am looking to clean up a number of erroneous or out dated labels. I have not been able to find where I can do this easly.
Can someone point me the right direction?
Thank,
Jenn D
Hello @Jennifer Danehower
It looks like in order for the label to be completely removed it has to be removed from all issues. Once its removed, it will no show up in the list.
To delete a label to be completely removed from a project in JIRA, the label must be removed from all the issues in that project. Once it is removed from all issues, it will no longer be suggested in autocomplete or when browsing a project's labels.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-33672
@edwin vasquez That is what I am wanting to do. This link doesn't tell me how to go do that. That is what I am asking to go do.
If you are on cloud, go to your search and search for the issues matching the label. In my case I used "Labels = Recurring" and then click on the ellipsis (...) and click Bulk change all ## issues.
Then, select all the issues you want to remove the label from. In my case I chose all clicking the box at the top and click next.
Then click on the Edit Issues option and click Next.
Then scroll down until you fine the Change Labels and select the Find and remove these and select the Label you want to remove.
Click next and then confirm the changes you want to make. Does this answer your question?
edwin vasquez that works but not quite what I am really looking for. What I am looking for is a single "admin" type page that list out all the labels within my Jira Cloud instance that I can update without having to do a bulk edit of cards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.