My ultimate goal is to import a few spaces (not the entire site) from my current Confluence version 3.5.4 to OnDemand. OnDemand says that the spaces to be imported need to be from version 5.3 or higher.
So I tried to download version 5.3, but I didn't see version 5.3 available for download, the highest version was 5.2. So I figured that might work, and I downloaded 5.2. I tried to import my 3.5 exports into 5.2, but it said that my space exports need to be version 5.0 before I can import them into 5.2. So I downloaded version 4.0, my thinking being that I could probably import my 3.5 data into 4.0, then export the spaces and import the 4.0 exported data into 5.0, then export and import again into 5.2, and then maybe I could export and import spaces into OnDemand.
Well, I tried importing my data into 4.0 and Confluence told me that I have to import from the same major version, so I can't import from 3.x to 4.x. Alright, well maybe I can just export the entire 3.5 site and import that into 4.0, because it seems like the import/export requirements are different for an entire site vs. a few spaces.
I tried exporting my 3.5 site and got an OutOfMemoryError, and I'm going to put in a support ticket for that, but am I even on the right track? Is there an easier way to do this? Any input that can be offered to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks 