I have been charged with setting up a project for a project for a fairly simple team migrating from Rally to Jira.
I have administered Rally for 8 years, never used Jira, and want to understand real life pros/cons of using a Next-Gen or Classic Project. Here's what I see as the important details.
1. This is a TechOps team that have a that supports multiple products/project teams that are currently using Rally. In Rally, this team project is separate from the other project teams.
2. This team will also be using Jira Service Desk to manage support tickets (currently using a home grown ticketing application).
3. The rest of the organization's project teams will slowly migrate from Rally to Jira.
I want to make the smart decision up front and am looking to feedback and understanding of the differences and how I might be able to make the best decision so not to create re-work.
Help please!