I am working with a company right now that is using Jira for various projects already and looking to move more in Jira but is questioning whether Jira is the best tool for a certain projects that are largely operational and have a high volume of jobs that are very small, only a few minutes in length to maybe a few hours. I know there is no issue limit in Jira, but still I have a several concerns that I would love to know if they are founded or not. I'd love to hear from people in similar situations working with tens of thousands of issues and how Jira has worked out for them. Any advice in any of the following areas would be helpful (or ones I did not think of!).
1.)CSV import: One of the projects involves getting a spreadsheet with maybe 10,000 data tasks. So they have to do an issue import from that file. I know there is no limit to the CSV import but I have never done that many issues before. Any experience with doing this volume? Any recommendations from experience, like batching or just any gotchas to look out for?
2.)Issue export: One of the projects requires the ability to invoice the customer on the jobs which would require an export of maybe thousands of tasks from Jira. I know issue export has a limit of a 1000 and I aware of the workaround as stated in this KB article. So I realize this is possible but it seems like a hassle, and I wondered if the Jira CLI was something that could help here, not sure. Thoughts? : https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/increase-issue-limit-for-excel-exports-in-jira-cloud-779160811.html.
3.)Issue Views: Not sure yet what their plan is for looking at the issues for day to day work as well as higher level reporting but I worry about the general ability to see a high volume of issues well in Jira. Jira does not seem great at that. I'd love to hear from anyone that might have seen pain points in this area and what the recommendations are. Things such as performance limits in Kanban boards that maybe individuals would be accessing to pull their work, or in searching large sets of issues. For reporting they will be using PowerBI so they won't be relying 100% on Jira reporting so that helps. Again any pain points would be useful to hear.
4.)Bulk Issue operations: This seems like another area of concern. With a large number of issues comes the need to edit, transition or delete a large set of issues so from what I can tell doing bulk operations gets very slow with a lot of issues. Also what is the limit for this? Again any experience with this would be appreciated.
5.)Archiving strategies: Some projects are ongoing and the issue count will continue to grow indefinitely and these would still be projects that would have a high volume of very short lived issues. I would think that over time there may be a desire to archive or hide away large sets of issues that are no longer needed day to day just for practical reasons or not having so many thousands of issues bogging down your search results. This can be done a number of ways like moving them to separate archive project or exporting them, etc. Just wondering what others might have done and how it worked out for them.