I was getting a new user in Confluence, and I logged in as that user. Now, the link to switch back will not work and I am locked out of my admin account.
Hi Kari,
so it may be that in fact you have switched back. There was (is?) a known bug where the reminder to switch back falsely continues to display. Can you verify that you are indeed not logged in as yourself after switching?
Hi Jack - Indeed, after clearing my browser cache and still getting this message, and after being unable to log into my personal Confluence site because I am still impersonating Fred, I am certain that I did not revert back to my own profile.
I ended up clearing my browser cache for the past 2 days, restarting my system, and then logging back into the Jira site. This fixed it temporarily.
Thank you, Kari
I had the same issue, using Chrome as my browser - it seemed I was still logged in as the other user.
I closed all tabs where she was showing as the logged in user checked the setting in a tab where I was showing as the logged in user before I had logged in as her, but this then showed her as the logged in user.
I used Ctrl+F5 to refresh the page and then saw myself as the logged in user again.
This seemed to resolve the issue.
You should see a switch back as you move from screen to screen. If not simply logout by clicking the avatar and log back in.
That is how it used to work for me, which is why I was surprised that it appeared to not be working today. I've had no further issues since I refreshed the browser page with Ctrl+F5, perhaps F5 would have worked as well.
I'm not sure if it's a change on our end, but now if I select to be logged in as another user, there is a message that they will receive an email. It's been a while since I've tried this, but that is new to me too.
Yes the user is made aware. It has been that way for a long time now.
So glad you posted this, Kari. I have logged into Jira as other users without issue, but the first time I did this in Confluence, I had the same issue that you described. My profile was showing my info, but I had the other user's picture and access in Confluence and Jira. All of my admin priverledges were gone, even for my own project. Even when I logged out and back in again, the issue persisted.
I did what you suggested, logged out, cleared my cache, then logged in and it's working so far.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.