I'm a total noob at Confluence, so fair warning.
I'm using Confluence Cloud. I'm the admin and only user.
How can I implement the HTML macro suggested in the solution to this post?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-get-a-link-to-open-in-a-new-tab/qaq-p/1146337
Also, there appears to be some limits to macros on Confluence Cloud that I am pretty confused about. Is there a clear explanation of what is going on here? Or a list of what does not work on Confluence Cloud?
Thanks in advance!
dgg
You can't I'm afraid.
Confluence Cloud does not permit the HTML macro as it's a security vulnerability to allow users the ability to add things like external javascript.
Hi @David Goggin
Whilst the standard HTML macro isn't available, there are alternatives on the app store - such as:
One of these might give you the functionality you need
There are some variances in available macros on Confluence Cloud between the Legacy Editor and New Editor - see the full list on this page.
Ste
Thank you!
Not the answer I wanted as I was hoping to use this for a personal knowledge base where I am the only user.
Sigh!
But thank you for the kind response!
Great! Many thanks for helping a noob!
No worries
If one of these works - let other users know by pressing the "Accept Answer" button at the top of the answer!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.