I have viewed a lot of documentation but it seems like steps are being left out for adding new external users to a project and keeping them isolated from all other projects.
Our current schemes use a lot of "Any logged on user" type of permissions. If we change that permission scheme we are worried that the individual filters that also contain that setting will be screwed up. Or we will need to change a lot of filters.
I tried to set up permissions according to this doc:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html#Managingprojectpermissions-assigning_scheme_to_projectAssociatingapermissionschemewithaproject
But our project does not have a permission scheme assigned to it and there seems to be no way to add/edit a permission scheme according the the instructions I could find.
I also looked to other documentation that a search pointed me to, but was unable to make this work.
So then I tried the Role type of setup. But after following several docs, it looks like they are just wrong in the procedure or there are critical steps left out or they are for a different version of the product.
We do not have a server, just cloud.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to add external users to our Jira but isolate them to this single project?