We have two jira projects. I would like to create a kanban board based in one of the projects that shows tasks from Project A that has any kind of linked task from Project B.
Is this possible?
Hi @Jesse Steinberg,
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
Yes, it is possible to have multiple projects on a board. A board is associated with a filter, and it is the filter that defines what is being shown on the board. Have a look at What is a board? for more information, the last section talks about cross-project board.
Thanks for you quick response. I figured out how to create a board containing multiple projects.
My next question is as follows:
I have Project A and Project B
I want my new board to show all tasks from Project A that have any type of linked task from Project B
Thanks!
Unfortunately JQL does not have a function that allows you to search on issues in project A and linked issues in project B. You would have to have an app that provide that feature. If you search the Marketplace you will find apps that extends JQL. I have used Scriptrunner in the past and it has a function called linkedIssuesOf that can give you the result you are looking for.
@Mikael Sandberg can you share the app link?
If you're looking for a dedicated solution, we recently built OneBoard for Jira — a Forge app that creates unified cross-project boards with:https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1113497994/Hope this helps!
@Andrey Dumnaziev
This topic is now closed as the discussion has become outdated. If you have more questions or want to continue the conversation, feel free to start a new topic. For more details on why we close older threads, check out our Rules of engagement - Atlassian Community .
Thank you for your understanding!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.