I am new to JIRA and I am new to Bitbucket. Further, I have little experience with GIT.
I run a small Web Development company and I want to switch to GIT/Bitbucket and JIRA because we are scaling up and I am sold on how fantastic this product can be at managing my projects and future projects.
I am however very confused about how JIRA and Bitbucket talk to each other.
I will try to explain how I think this should work.
My company currently employs 4 people including myself.
The company owns a JIRA instance that is being hosted by Atlassian/In the cloud.
We are a web development firm.
3 of the employees are developers. 1 of those developers is me.
Now,
Should I make my developers create Bitbucket accounts specifically just for my company/work? Or can/should they use their personal bitbucket accounts?
I am one of the developers. I currently have a personal bitbucket account and I have linked it to the company JIRA through the DVCS account link.
Does 1 JIRA user have a corresponding Bitbucket account?
If my developers have Bitbucket accounts, how do I add them to my organisation in JIRA/Bitbucket so that I can control company projects and assign developers to projects?
When I create a new project in BitBucket, how does that project get reflected in JIRA, does it just automatically become a new project? Does the same occur vice-versa, that is, if I create a new project in JIRA, can it become a new repository/project in Bitbucket?
I am very confused in how to set this up for my business in a best practice.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.