I have some users who would like access to projects in Jira to just be able to view information, but I cannot figure out how to do this. For separation of duties, they cannot have the ability to modify data. How do I accomplish this?
Hello @Tara Bell
Thank you for reaching out.
Basically, there are two types of project templates in Jira Cloud today: Classic and Next-gen.
In Classic Projects, you can properly add your users/groups with read-only access by ONLY adding them in the Browse Projects permission under Project settings > Permissions, keeping the user/group restricted from other permissions. You can check more details about these steps by checking the documentation below:
- Rich text editing
In Next-gen projects, you can add users as "Viewers" under project settings > Access:
These users will be able to access the project, however, they will not be able to edit or create any issues or edit the project details.
Let us know if you have any questions.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.