I've seen many posts about getting a custom Select List (single choice) field to have a default instead of "None". They all say that you need to make it a required field (except for one that said I need a plugin -- for the moment, let's set plugins aside).
I'm running cloud. I've created a custom field "Attorney/Client Priv" as a Select List (single choice) with values "Yes" and "No". I created everything for this project from scratch with all the various components having "legal" as the first word of their name so you can believe me when I say that the config for this custom field is "required" AND I'm using that config.
I know it's required because of the config AND because it has the red asterisk next to it AND because it won't let me create the issue without selecting either Yes or No.
And yet, it STILL offers me "None" as the default option. I want "Yes".
I tried adding a postfunction to bang it to Yes but that didn't work (I have a dim recollection that you can't use a postfunction to set a default on a create screen on Server Jira so this was grasping at straws).
Can anyone tell me how to get a "Select List (single choice)" custom field like this to have the default value I want in Cloud Jira without a plugin?