I recall this was possible in past, however it seems no longer possible
Hi @Nicolette-Davids
I am assuming you are using Confluence New Editor. Once you select the cells you want to merge, you see an arrow on the top right corner of your selection, which when clicked provides various actions you can perform on the cells. Here is an image to help you -
If you are using the old editor, you see the merge option in the table options ribbon right below the toolbar. I am assuming, you must be knowing that already.
Let me know, if you still can't see the option to merge cells in your table.
Thanks
Sireesha
Thank you Sireesha, that was the trick!
I tried to do the same in JIRA Cloud using the new editor. The option "merge cells" does not show up when I select mulitple cells.
Is the merge feature currently not availabe in JIRA?
Merge Cells is not visible for me either. I'm using the new editor
Hi @Nicolette-Davids,
For me, merging cells works when creating a table in a new Jira issue:
However, it does not work when updating a table in the Jira description OR adding a table in a Jira comment:
To work around this, e.g., when I have to update an existing table or want to add one in a comment, I usually open the "Create issue" overlay, do my table work there and copy & paste it where I need it.
It's a surprisingly quick workaround.
But it's nonetheless a bizarre UX decision from Atlassian to enable a feature when adding content but disable it when editing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Amazing find, thank you.
Thank you for sharing!!
It was driving nuts.
This was very helpful, I was going crazy trying to discern why it would let me do it sometimes but not others. Thanks a lot!! ^^
Merging is still possible within company managed projects - jira cloud. The merge functionality has moved from the cell function to the pop up toggle control 'Cell options'> Highlight your applicable cells > Select 'Cell options' drop down> Select 'Merge cells'
Good call! I think the issue is that the overlay doesn't always show up though, though I was able to get it to show up by scrolling a little just now.
Hello, up to last week - August 8th I was able to merge cells, but this week the feature under Cell Options does not appear, has something changed?
The same here.
The option to merge it's not available not in the Cell arrow options, nor in the Cell options floating menu.
If you got here with the same problem in JIRA, there's a Bug opened to fix this issue.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-82500
Please vote for it in the "Affected customers" section.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.