I am developing webhook endpoints for my customer. I am testing them by using Hookbin to create an end point for my webhooks. I have an Subtask Issue Type called "Invoice Issue Type". The Invoice Issue Type is a subtask to the Authorization Issue Type. The webhook get hit when the project = my project and issue type = invoice issue type on issue create.
The webhook is being hit as when I refresh the Hookbin page I see the issue's json just fine. the problem is the issue key in json does not correspond to the issue key in jira. they are always off by one. So if the webhook json says the issue key is LMT-114 it will actually be LMT-115.
This, then, causes my endpoint code to fail because there is no issue key LMT-114. It's like Jira is skipping a number in reality but not reporting that correctly to the webhook endpoint.