I am trying to set up a Recruit-type project on Jira Cloud and I would like to make certain fields (Salary for example) visible only to some users in the organisation. Can anyone help?
Out of the box JIRA doesn't allow that. There are some workarounds using scriptrunner, but you may not have that available in cloud.
As for restricting view..
Atlassian OOTB do not offer any solution for field security, so I guess only way is to do via extension/customization. I know for Server there are few extensions that could help with that but unfortunately I am not aware of anything for Cloud...
Restricting the editing might be possible via procedure like this
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/how-can-i-control-the-editing-of-issue-fields-via-workflow-149834.html
But if you are using Next Gen projects it might not be valid
Thanks @Joe Pitt! I found this https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira Any indication as to what script I should use?
Thanks @Mirek ! But I need more than editing restrictions. It's important that the field is not visible to certain users.
@PaulC No. I don't use scripts. I do government contracting and have historically found whoever inherits JIRA when the contract ends may not be able to support them.
Then this is what I mentioned already for viewing Atlassian do not provide any field security settings that would allow hide the field from specific people/groups. For Server there are some extensions, but for Cloud version I am unfortunately not aware of any solution
That's a good point Thanks!
Ok, @Mirek thanks for your help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.