Does anybody use a "Sub-question" issue type? (As a sub-task.)
- I'm thinking about having two custom issue types:
Question (as a primary issue) - Sub-question (like a sub-task, but named "Sub-question" and with a unique icon).
This way I can have questions (okay, sub-questions) that are sub-tasks of a given ticket. When I'm looking at the detail view of a sub-question, I can see the parent ticket in its breadcrumb trail up top. That's pretty nice.
Also, I plan to create a workflow so that all sub-questions (and sub-tasks) have to be in a certain completion status or resolution before the parent issue can move to a "done" state (of some kind). Not fully defined yet, but I plan to flesh this out and then do it.
Knowing a sub-task is specifically a question seems fairly useful. That way someone looking at that issue in a list, board, etc., can tell it's a question. And tasks are not questions. Queries will be better too — I can search just for sub-questions, not all sub-tasks, for example.
I don't want to use epics and issues in epics for this (though those have their own use). Because I want to be able to put sub-questions on/under any kind of issue, not just epics.
Does anybody else use this idea of "sub-questions"?
What other kinds of sub-task-type issues do folks use? Any comments?
Thanks.