I'm attempting to filter down a list of issues to a more manageable size by excluding the subtasks of a parent task that is of no relevance to me.
I'm running the following JQL:
assignee = currentUser() and parent not in (SH-1) ORDER BY status
Which returns 9 results. This seemed low so I changed the "not in" to an "in":
assignee = currentUser() and parent in (SH-1) ORDER BY status
Which returns 13 results.
If i remove that clause altogether:
assignee = currentUser() ORDER BY status
I get 79 results. The same applies if replacing with = and !=.
My understanding of this if it were SQL would be that summing the results of an "in" and a "not in" would give the value of if the clause was not there at all. Is there any reason why this would not be the case for JQL?
EDIT:
I think I've fixed my own issue by replacing the block with parent not in (SH-1 OR parent = null), should this not be implicit for a not in clause?