I have a service I wrote that depends on creating tickets in Jira.
Sometimes if someone changes the Jira project (or maybe Jira is down, or a million other possible problems), my service can no longer create Jiras or work with them. When that happens, my service is down.
I want to write monitoring that tests my service. Say it checks every 5 seconds if my service is working.
This means my service needs to create a new Jira ticket (and delete it so it doesn't pollute the Jira project) every 5 seconds. That's thousands of Jira tickets a day.
Question 1: can Jira do this just fine? If I create a new Jira and delete it every 5 seconds for years?
Question 2: assuming "no" (everyone here thinks it's "no"), how can I achieve this? Is there a Jira API call to do everything about creating a Jira in a project except the actual bit of creating the Jira? Like, test permissions, required custom fields are all filled in, etc?
Question 3: Can I setup a "dev" Jira project that my service could connect to, so it can pollute the project with all these test Jiras every 5 seconds?
Question 4: am I doing it wrong? Is there a better way to do this?