There is a bug at Jira Cloud which avoid us to do exact-text search (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69263). Is there a plug-in that can do the job in a easy way? I need to search for a phrase on comment and summary fields.
Hello @Sandra Kawamoto
Thank you for reaching out.
Indeed, there's an app you can use to work around the bug you mentioned and properly search for exact text in Jira: Scriptrunner for Jira Cloud.
As mentioned in this community question, these would be the steps to search for exact-text using regex:
ScriptRunner Enhanced Search issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM", "summary", "new test") Jira Issue Navigator Search for Multiple Strings in Scriptrunner using regex: issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM", "summary", "new.*|test.*") For more information about the steps provided, you can check the following documentation: ScriptRunner Enhanced Search
ScriptRunner Enhanced Search
issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM", "summary", "new test")
Jira Issue Navigator
Search for Multiple Strings in Scriptrunner using regex:
issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM", "summary", "new.*|test.*")
For more information about the steps provided, you can check the following documentation:
Let us know if you have any questions.
Hi @Petter Gonçalves! Thanks for answering.
As the developers would do the search on 3 projects, we would have to write something like:
issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM1", "summary", "new test") or issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM2", "summary", "new test") or issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM3", "summary", "new test") or issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM1", "description", "new test") or issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM2", "description", "new test") or issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM3", "description", "new test")
Right?
Or is it possible to write something like:
issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = CSCRUM1 or project = CSCRUM2 or project = CSCRUM3 ", "summary" or "description", "new test")
The first option, which I believe it is the solution, is not good, as it is something they will do a lot. At least if I could define a function that I give the sentence and it is converted to the 6 lines....
myexactfind("new test")
Please, let me know if I understood correctly and if you have any suggestion. Thanks!
I'm still looking for a solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.