I have enabled the "resolution" field on every related config page, but still can't see this field on my new issue view as shown below. Below is my config as well.
Yeah... I had to ask to find the answer for myself. Resolution is shown on the issue view. Not sure why there is no such on the issue layout, but it's not a problem. The problem I really faced is that my "resolution transition" forces that value to "Done" instead of value specified by user.
I'm not sure how to delete this post now.
You probably have a post function that is overriding the chosen value. Edit the workflow and open the transition to done and check post functions. In the new issue view the resolution will always be there by default.
Thanks Jack!
It was priceless hint. Removed the default "set resolution to done" post function from my workflow and it's working as expected now.
Regards
Hi!
I am a little confused by this thread. I have the exact same problem you described initially: Resolution field does not appear on the Issue layout view. I tried Editing the workflow as mentioned but encountered that the workflow I am using is the default and has a message that reads "This workflow is managed internally by Jira Software. Do not manually modify this workflow." and I could not figure out a way to create my own so that I could edit it.
How were you able to make "Resolution" field show up on issue layout?
Have the same issue
You are using a read-only workflow scheme. Go to Project Settings > Workflow Schemes. Copy the workflow scheme and make it the active workflow scheme of your project. Jira will then allow you to edit the scheme.
Where do I find this post function. For me, the resolution field shows in some transitions and not in others. For example when I want to Mark an issue as Obsolete when in Backlog stage itself, I don't see the resolution field. I see it in some other statuses though
We're 1.5 years on from the last comment so you've probably moved past this issue but for those, like myself, that are still hitting this.
New workflows don't have it set as default like the Jira one.
'Set Resolution to Done' can be found in the Add post function option under Update Issue Field - it's the default in the dropdown from there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.