Hi All,
We use epics for specific large features, stories for the individual capabilities of the larger feature, and technical tasks (aka sub-tasks) for individual work items.
When a technical-task is complete, I want to see this reflected in the sprint report (or any burndown chart)
So far, I've figured out how to add story ports to the technical-task issue type. (custom field) However, it's not showing up on the burn down chart, after assigning story points to technical tasks and then completing them.
It looks like this used to be possible by using context filters to add sub-tasks to the context. However, this only applies to Classic boards, and I haven't figured out how to get it to work in the 'new boards'
with just epics and stories, we can't break down tasks enough to see appreciable change on the burndown chart - basically we would only see story’s completed near the end of the sprint. We can't break down the Epics any more without polluting the epics list a LOT more.
Can we count the story points from technical tasks on the reports, before the owning story is complete? I would prefer to avoid manual time tracking/updating time remaining.