This is a broad question, and I apologize for that, but Atlassian have made the software so inscrutable that I've just spent an hour trying to do something very simple and I don't have that time.
Okay. I'm a vet. 25 years in QA. This should be exceptionally simple.
I need to customize my bug entry screens in JIRA. Move some fields around. Remove some fields. Change the values in some others. This is all in one specific project. (We've got an offshore team coming onboard, I need to simplify things to make the process and flow easy for them.)
Just getting even the most basic step of this done has proven impossible. I've got a "scheme" created. I can't seem to do anything with that scheme. I can't seem to find where the fields are to alter them. I can see some places where the fields are listed, but they show they're attached to a bunch of different places...and I don't want to edit them globally, just this one project, and I should be able to do that, and it shouldn't require some byzantine path to accomplish that.
HELP. Can someone used to this newer JIRA design (I've used it before, a few years ago, but it was not this bizarre and project management focused...it was a bug tracker!) get me started? I'd love a simple tutorial, which the help files don't seem to have, but even a line of breadcrumbs to get me started would be a godsend. It's not my first rodeo, but man...this thing is just a massive steel wall. Impenetrable.